MonsterInsights Google Ads Conversion Tracking: MonsterInsights is a popular WordPress plugin that lets website owners easily integrate Google Analytics into their websites, providing in-depth insights into their site’s performance, user behavior, and more. Google Ads Conversion Tracking is a feature within MonsterInsights that allows you to track conversions from your Google Ads campaigns directly in your WordPress dashboard.
Please note that developments might have occurred after September 2021, so I recommend checking the MonsterInsights website or documentation for the most up-to-date information.
MonsterInsights Google Ads Conversion Tracking
Here’s a detailed explanation of how the MonsterInsights Google Ads Conversion Tracking addon works:
1. Installation and Setup:
- First, you need to have MonsterInsights installed and set up on your WordPress website. You can install it like any other WordPress plugin, either by searching for it in the WordPress plugin repository or by uploading the plugin files directly.
- Once MonsterInsights is installed, you will need to connect it to your Google Analytics account. This involves authorizing the plugin to access your Google Analytics data.
2. Google Ads Conversion Tracking Addon:
- MonsterInsights offers various add-ons to enhance its functionality. The Google Ads Conversion Tracking addon is one such addon that enables you to connect your Google Ads account to your WordPress site for conversion tracking.
3. Connecting Google Ads:
- In your WordPress dashboard, navigate to MonsterInsights settings.
- Look for the “Addons” tab and find the Google Ads Conversion Tracking addon. You might need to install and activate this addon if you haven’t done so already.
- Follow the instructions to connect your Google Ads account to MonsterInsights. This usually involves signing in to your Google Ads account and granting the necessary permissions.
4. Setting Up Conversion Tracking:
- After connecting your Google Ads account, you can set up conversion tracking for specific goals or events on your website.
- Common conversion goals might include purchases, sign-ups, form submissions, etc.
- You’ll need to specify the type of conversion you want to track, add relevant details (like the conversion value), and customize settings according to your requirements.
5. Placing Conversion Tracking Code:
- Depending on the conversion you’re tracking, MonsterInsights will provide you with a conversion tracking code snippet.
- This code needs to be placed on the pages where the conversion occurs. For example, if you’re tracking purchases, you’d place the code on the order confirmation or thank-you page.
- MonsterInsights might offer an easy way to insert this code using its interface without needing to manually edit your website’s code.
6. Tracking Conversions:
- Once the tracking code is in place, MonsterInsights will start recording conversions.
- These conversion events will be sent to your Google Ads account, allowing you to measure the success of your advertising campaigns directly within your WordPress dashboard.
7. Analyzing Data:
- With the Google Ads Conversion Tracking addon, you can analyze conversion data alongside other important website metrics in your MonsterInsights dashboard.
- This integration streamlines your data analysis process, providing a more comprehensive view of your marketing efforts and their impact on your website’s goals.